Look for the little rays of sunshine! 
from me to you
Active Elvenar villages: Gaelyn Mae Sethai, Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Re: Cool for cats

Post by Moraine on Wed Nov 09 2016, 21:06

Hello Skibec, glad you made it here. Lurkers are always welcome Hi

Thanks for the tip on the stars, I have a few stars, was thinking to save them for a bigger poo pile or perhaps a menagerie.  But perhaps the EFOCD (event farming OCD) will get the better of me again, in that case that was a very good tip indeed. swingstar  No point in hanging on to the stars when doing event could make stars in the future.... or something like that
Moraine

Back to top Go down

Post by Irisa on Wed Nov 09 2016, 21:22

very interesting reading.  I have already decided that I will not be doing the event.  Don't have nearly enough cats or power feed.  I can honestly wait on the red cat pen.  I have spent enough RL money on this game, don't feel that it is worth doing this time.  I just might sell a few cats.  we can eventually build cat pens when we have the right color breed, right?  I can upgrade then.

Irisa aka IrisaDefiance farmerama
Irisa

Back to top Go down

Post by clonahmon on Wed Nov 09 2016, 21:34

Hi Skibec,
first of all, welcome to the free forum, the others have created.
secondly to the cat breeding.
I think it is depending on the numbers of cat pens and cat food you have and how often you can harvest a day.
As I said somewhere at the start, i have 81 pens out. Harvesting them 2 times a day gives 162 cats a day, at the weekend 3 harvests should be possible, which gives you 243 cats... in just one day! and the event is on for 6 days.

with 700 cats and 300 PF to start with, it should be possible to finish.
300 PF = 150 breedings=600 cats to start with.
150 breedings for only the tabby (13 tabbies per step) would give you 11 steps already. Which means, following the right pass, you could get another 60 PF along the way to breed more.

Hope this will encourage you!! Don't say you won't finish, before you even started please;)

There is a song from Peter Gabriel jumping into my mind: "Don't give up, cause you have friends....."

Happy Farming and good luck

" I am not addicted to coffee... I have just a committed relationship with it"
clonahmon

Back to top Go down

Post by CaliChrome on Wed Nov 09 2016, 22:44

skibec, wait to harvest your breeding shed until a Baby Boom Day (BBD) as you will get at least 2 animals back for each breeding.  I think you should be able to finish.  Wait to donate until you have done a round of breeding to see what you may get.  As for the Maine Coon, you would be better off keeping it than donating it.  Also, look for early breeding cats in the market.  At first, the prices will be low because it takes time for the market to adjust to a new item.  The first level breeding cats could be a real bargain for donating.  Last, toward the end of the event, basic cat prices should come down and you may be able to buy what you need to finish.

No, you were certainly not the reason for the thread being shut down.  Please don't take it personally.  bear hug

CaliChrome

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp on Wed Nov 09 2016, 23:38

Hiya skibec!!! Hug

GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie on Thu Nov 10 2016, 08:16

Ooh, nice advice Cali. That should help ME as well. I hadn't thought of the early cat breeding sales.... that will help for sure!  making money

Look for the little rays of sunshine! 
from me to you
Active Elvenar villages: Gaelyn Mae Sethai, Tookie
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- on Thu Nov 10 2016, 10:03

Baby boom & power feed sales: 

Starts: Friday, 11th of November at 18:00 CET (UTC+1)
Ends: Sunday, 13th of November at 22:00 CET (UTC+1)

-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by clonahmon on Thu Nov 10 2016, 10:03

BABY BOOM is announced!!!

Starts: Friday, 11th of November at 18:00 CET (UTC+1)
Ends:
Sunday, 13th of November at 22:00 CET (UTC+1)

oops... Mir was faster than me ;)

clonahmon

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- on Thu Nov 10 2016, 10:06

Now it will be hard to miss  giggle

-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by mingling on Thu Nov 10 2016, 10:38

Well before my mental MIA, I was on a mad haul to get my animal numbers up so I would have enough for them neon's, never know who was gonna be next for the colour change.

Now I'm totally off the rails, if a removed rare animal now just common can jump in safety numbers of 1200 to have on hand, keeping in mid 1200 seemed like the safe amount for events/selling, Now a pen just off the now anyone can have it, with a food change, is now 1700+ just for basics to have in the barn, has me thinking all animals will need a new safety number, Ok, I can deal, more rising sure why not, but now what formula do we use to get a safe number in the barn?
Yes, I would love 5000 of each, but due to gray matter not being all that fresh that's not happening and keeping up with events.... Farmer broke is feeling a twitch right about here....
So what do better minds think?
go from the 1700 plus 500 for the kitty, what animals do you feel should be built up?
Now that all the animals I thought I stocked may be light....

Then we have the whole thems better to save than them, ev has me raising toucans and no pandas on ming, will get the LL done faster... but that's a whole other thread in itself.

Raising cats to make up for my underestimation Messes up my farm CC coming in, this is gonna hurt.

143mingling1
mingling

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooboy on Thu Nov 10 2016, 12:22

So Far I have got 7500 Cats, Constantly Growing Cats, Luck for me i have many Thousands of Elderberries and Oats to Mill Cat Feeds. Was Hoarding Elderberries for Harvest Hoedown they will not be included in 2016 Harvest Hoedown, Among so other Fruits will exempt from HH due to CC Price Exceeding EV 

It will be Baby Boom/Power Feed Sale Tomorrow. As i can complete Cool for Cats Event by donating 1782 Cats

Sell surplus cats to the market. Hang on to some cats for Breeding Yup

Plan A) Donate All 1782 Cats (Can be done using 128 Cat Kennels in Three Fields harvest them 4 times a day for 4 days but will need 1782 Cat Feeds to do this)

Plan B) Part Donate some Cats and Donate Breeding Cats

Plan C) Donate Breeding Cats from Markets Only (need lots of CC for this)

Plan D) Use PF to Breed Cats, Donate Breeding Cats that you Earn from Breedng. Round of with some Cats !!

Plan A or C does not need any Power Feeds !!
Mooboy

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- on Thu Nov 10 2016, 15:14

Cat kennels and elderberry trees have disappeared from the shop. They are working on bringing them back. An announcement has been made in DE forum.

-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Post by clonahmon on Thu Nov 10 2016, 15:26

hm...have they thought that, who doesn't have enough yet, doesn't need them anymore?? scratch head

clonahmon

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- on Thu Nov 10 2016, 15:28

No, it is a bug...

-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum