Markets Combining: Thoughts!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Markets Combining: Thoughts!!!

Post by farmer_broke on Sat May 06 2017, 11:42

Market prices of goods continue to change with most increasing.  

For several reasons, I feel market combination is one method useful in establishing price control. With such combinations, if this is indeed true, some game balance can be maintained. 

I have found no evidence that combination is taking place now or is going to take place in the near future.  

How do you feel about markets combining?
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Re: Markets Combining: Thoughts!!!

Post by Tookie on Sat May 06 2017, 11:49

if it improves my market I'll be fine with it cuz my market sucks, xuse my language. 
If it worsens my market...  whaaa!

Look for the little rays of sunshine! 
sun
main farm: farmingfreebird
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke on Sat May 06 2017, 12:06

How would you like for your market to change?  Is there something that you do not like about it? Thanks Tookie.
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by 12ss12 on Sat May 06 2017, 12:16

Does that mean goods from my farms will be listed in one market ? So I can buy goods from my other farms ? hiya It is also said that the number of markets may be reduced but we might not have a single market. 

My market has greatly improved. I won't ask, 'what is the procedure to change the market anymore ?'  Yup
12ss12

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasZalan on Sat May 06 2017, 12:29

1, Near future. They work on the whole market not just combining them.
Compared to the Gift and Trades... Oracle said long ago, that G&T will come much earlier
than the market update.

2, Certainly not into 'one-two-three' markets. He said that a fraction of the (40). But not 1-2-3.

There is market where the medium price for the bison is 725 CCs. And there is where it's 114.572 CCs.
Hope they will combine the markets which are on the opposite ends of the price range.

Farm name: *-ToFarmer-* bear hug
ThomasZalan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tookie on Sat May 06 2017, 15:37

Now that is exactly the suggestion I couldn't put into words. to combine markets on the opposite end of the price range. That is exactly it. 

My market is almost always empty or nearly emtpy, for a LOT of things. So, EVERYTHING is always expensive. Rarely any bargains. 
Also, because of this... slow. unless you sell way below previous offer. :(

Look for the little rays of sunshine! 
sun
main farm: farmingfreebird
Tookie

Back to top Go down

Post by escalonilla on Sun May 07 2017, 00:40

I don't expect more than a combination of 2 markets. I think more than that will make products price drop radically.

Also I see BP combining markets by number of players (Maybe 3 markets combined will have the same amount that 2 other markets), rather than by market's price (based on new animals or high level breeding animals).
They might consider the amount of $ spent of those users in those markets too. Or the stock those users have, etc...

There are so many variables they can be looking at, that's difficult to determine which ones they will decide are the most important.
escalonilla

Back to top Go down

Post by meba091 on Sun May 07 2017, 03:10

I have been wondering about mkt combining and I don't know how I feel about it. I don't know because I don't know what to expect. How will they do it? What will they take in consideration?
I know for sure that I will not like one big mkt nor two or three. They will get too big in my opinion and also too vulnerable if something goes wrong and we all know that it will from time to time. I think 2 or 3 combined is to prefer.

I don't know the criteria for how new players get assigned to a mkt. today. But if those criteria are not good enough - and one thing BP cannot know is how a player will behave (spending rl money or not is one thing among others) - then I can imagine that markets can get somewhat unequal over time. I would like that equality among the mkts is an objective. So I hope they will take things regarding this in consideration. Meaning look at stock, money spent (on what), level of farms and activity. There might be other things but I am too tired to think now.

off to bed

meba091

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum