Peacocks on Parade

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ended Re: Peacocks on Parade

Post by farmer_broke on Tue Mar 14 2017, 06:23

A little off topic BUT this is from the broke farm -peacock-  hiya

The farm was assigned a mentor.  I know some of you really are concerned about helping and all that jazz.  

The mentor has done nothing ... good candidate for the boot but I'll tell you what I have observed:

The tutorial has changed a lot from when we first joined the game.
The quick level up and out the nest in less than 24 hour days are gone.
The newbie quests do not give stars and the ep is low also.
Quests are not available where it is possible to get a lot of ep until about level 17.

The system DID NOT alert the farm that it even had a mentor.  
The mentor sent no gifts and I noticed after checking.
I just stumbled upon the mentor today.

I wrote that mentor and said send me some egg farms and hello.  I miss Mentor Brookeham.
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by Decree on Tue Mar 14 2017, 06:39

puppiesnponies wrote:Just curious....How much PF does it take to make 1 or 2 pink pens? I did do some additional breeding today before the end of Baby boom but only got regulars, ghosts and aces. Even bred 100 ghosts and only got one level up and regulars back. Even if I had used all the PF I have, it wouldn't have been enough.

It's nearly impossible to come up with any specific number of PF due to skips and other factors, like being able to buy the animals off the market. Sometimes you can score some really nice deals as well. I believe I was able to get a Rainbow Peacock for 3.4 Million, a couple of Sun Peacocks at 1.6 and 1.8 Million. With a couple more Sun Peacocks I could breed and have enough Rainbow Peacock (notwithstanding a skip to Emperor) to build a pink. Total PF cost at that point would have been 2 PF. Unfortunately, that's a really bad example.

When it comes to breeding however, there really isn't any luck to it. It's all percentages, and figuring out where those percentages are. From what I've been able to figure out so far you have a 20%-40% chance to receive a level two skip when breeding base animals, and a 1% chance of receiving any level three or higher skip. The only real way to hedge your percentages is to always breed with a full love shack. Putting in a handful of breeding attempts into your love shack can have a much wider streak of misses. Even though you'll have a 20-40% chance of getting a level two skip, you reduce the chances you'll actually get that skip when you breed in small amounts.

I'll try to make this more visual...

When you breed 4 Peacock during a BBD these will likely be your percentage chances:
Peacock 135%
Ghost 140%
Ace 25%
Carnival 3%
Magical 2%
Joker 2%
Sun 1%
Rainbow 1%
Emperor 1%

Seeing percentages over 100% seems odd, but keep in mind, when breeding during a BBD + BB Rune unlocked, you'll get more animals from breeding than you would normally. This is how you end up with 1 Ghost, and 2 Peacocks from 4 Peacocks whereas with a normal breeding and no BBD/Rune you would get a 100% chance for 1 Ghost, and skip percentages continue to fall after that. The major difference is that without BBD/Rune you'd still only get one animal in return, but the percentages would remain roughly the same.
Decree

Back to top Go down

Post by puppiesnponies on Tue Mar 14 2017, 10:35

Yes, I do know that PF usage can vary between players due to skips but since this is the introduction of the peacock we all started with zero breeding stock and while we may have done some other breeding besides peacock, the PF used was primarily for peacocks. My market had no peacocks available for sale until after the 2nd baby boom and I think I noticed low level for sale but there still is nothing above the Joker so I'm not able to factor in purchasing higher breeders. A broad sense of PF usage would have been sufficient for my question.

Beginning PF +PF milled/gifted by those who purchased/awarded in event/bought - PF remaining
Assumption would be if all PF was used for peacocks

I used 688 PF for the event and another 100 or so to continue breeding. Skips were terrible on the final day so I am saving the rest of the PF for another time.

puppiesnponies

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp on Tue Mar 14 2017, 15:11

farmer_broke wrote:A little off topic BUT this is from the broke farm -peacock-  hiya

The farm was assigned a mentor.  I know some of you really are concerned about helping and all that jazz.  

The mentor has done nothing ... good candidate for the boot but I'll tell you what I have observed:

The tutorial has changed a lot from when we first joined the game.
The quick level up and out the nest in less than 24 hour days are gone.
The newbie quests do not give stars and the ep is low also.
Quests are not available where it is possible to get a lot of ep until about level 17.

The system DID NOT alert the farm that it even had a mentor.  
The mentor sent no gifts and I noticed after checking.
I just stumbled upon the mentor today.

I wrote that mentor and said send me some egg farms and hello.  I miss Mentor Brookeham.
good post  Thanks for sharing your personal experience with this. 
So... how long will you mentor your mentor? LOL   belly laugh

GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by 12ss12 on Tue Mar 14 2017, 15:31

GuineaUp wrote: 

So... how long will you mentor your mentor? LOL   belly laugh

Till that mentor send him junk drops. Poor Mentor - that Mentor   High5 whahahaha
12ss12

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp on Tue Mar 14 2017, 16:46

LOL One Two!!  giggle  thumbs up

GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by hatzeva on Wed Mar 15 2017, 09:17

hiya  everyone!

Great to read about all your fantastic achievements - pink peacocks left, right and center - congrats!!

Not one decent skip for me this event   tongue  

I did finish and I'm really happy about all the rewards, especially the Wonder stables

rub eyes   rub eyes   

Pink Camel
Pink Panda

Sloth and Parrot II (love the Classic IIs and have been collecting a while since I think they'll get rid of them in the future)

Hippo
Anteater
Carpet Red

im happy    and   rub eyes

Best of luck with the new event everyone!

We're off to "babysit" a Golden Retriever kennel for the weekend while the owners are away skiing. 6 adult dogs, a litter of puppies + our own little one. Heaven   dog lick  kissy

hatzeva

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum