The Fruit Market

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ended Re: The Fruit Market

Post by farmer_broke on Thu Feb 09 2017, 23:39

Mentor Brookeham is the best mentor any chick could have.  spooky_broke wants to leave the nest only to go to Harvest Hoedown Top 1000 .  At level 39 the farm does not have a new scheme .... yet.  

spooky_broke doesn't need cc's with a neighbor like you.  

Right now the farm will hold and of course ..... leave those 128 nasty chicken pens out for another few months at least.  (And think about you each time the farm is checked.)
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp on Thu Feb 09 2017, 23:42

I completely DISLIKE this event. Got my Magic tree, my 5 measly GBs, and the 60 expensive PF. My tree fruit bins are almost empty!!! Drops are ridiculously low. I quit. 

Now I'm stuck growing trees fruits everywhere to try and restock SOME of what I tossed at/threw away for this stupid rip off event. 

Like I said.... Throw and WOE  hmpf

THUMBS DOWN BP, EPIC FAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!
 ignorelalala ignorelalala ignorelalala ignorelalala ignorelalala ignorelalala

GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke on Fri Feb 10 2017, 00:21

This farm is listing tree fruit in 9,999s.  Six to 10 listings at a time.  

The numbers are so ridiculous I can hardly read the last digit.
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp on Fri Feb 10 2017, 00:35

Glad you are cashing in FB, SOMEBODY (besides BP) deserves to enjoy the event, lol. Might as well be you  greedy

GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by spotsbox on Fri Feb 10 2017, 00:38

I started with 106 coins, and after completing all 20 levels of the large basket, plus 2 extra, and 1 medium basket, I now have 285 star coins.  My most wanted item in the shop is the BBs, followed by the 4 rare trees and PF.  My problem is, I'm afraid to buy the BBs now, for fear I'll spend them uncontrollably during mystery trees shopping , but I'm equally concerned that if I don't get them, BP will pull them from the shop or eliminate the shop entirely. thinking  Thinking I'll press on a bit, get a few more coins, and get my most wanted list, but I agree, this is a very expensive event.  I have a nice stock of tree fruit, but really, do we ever have enough, lol? giggle  Will leave trees out for now to restock, even tho they take sooooo long.  Feeling too lazy to change fields again.  
spotsbox

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke on Fri Feb 10 2017, 00:50

@spotsbox wrote:  I have a nice stock of tree fruit, but really, do we ever have enough, lol? giggle  
I wish I would sell out!  I'll buy me a donkey.
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by spotsbox on Fri Feb 10 2017, 00:59

Am I the only one that hates the new setup in the crops tab in the market?  They moved everything around, and now I can't find anything  .  Haven't looked in the other categories yet, I suppose they're all changed too. hmpf
spotsbox

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke on Fri Feb 10 2017, 01:40

Hi Spots! (Thanks for the G&T wonders.)  

I noticed the change in set up too.  Nothing to do about it but work with it.

angry  

That breeding animal market is a mess too and has been for a long time.  There is something right in from of us all that they do not want players to readily see.
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp on Fri Feb 10 2017, 02:09

@spotsbox wrote:Am I the only one that hates the new setup in the crops tab in the market?  They moved everything around, and now I can't find anything  .  Haven't looked in the other categories yet, I suppose they're all changed too. hmpf
Wait, hold on... what's different? My market tabs are the same don't know  ... can you take a screen cap for me?  Nervous

GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by spotsbox on Fri Feb 10 2017, 02:20

They've rearranged the order of the items in the categories.  For example, apples used to be the first item for sale.  Now they're on page 4, same with carrots.  Chickens are still on page one of animals, but now they're listed in 3rd position.

broke, as usual, you have much better sight than I.  I know the markets have been ridiculous and getting more so daily, but I don't know what it means.  I'm especially confused by it, because they've largely stopped calling for products and animals anywhere but FSQs, and the occasional event like this one or a breeding event.  We haven't had a call for products in an event in ages.  My own theory is that prices are so outrageous because farmers have stopped producing things for themselves since they never seem to serve a purpose any more, and are relying strictly on purchasing to gain any size inventory.  I do often buy rather than grow, but it's strictly to build an inventory that would allow me to complete any event requirements that might come our way, as well as make a pretty profit in that same eventuality. making money  Been a while since the opportunity to do that's arisen, tho.
spotsbox

Back to top Go down

Post by GuineaUp on Fri Feb 10 2017, 02:25

@spotsbox wrote:They've rearranged the order of the items in the categories.  For example, apples used to be the first item for sale.  Now they're on page 4, same with carrots.  Chickens are still on page one of animals, but now they're listed in 3rd position.
Ohh.. hmm.. thinking  Guess I didn't notice cuz I always immediately click on the A-Z order Oops2 
 Thanks Spots

GuineaUp

Back to top Go down

Post by spotsbox on Fri Feb 10 2017, 04:03

I went ahead and got the BBs from the coin shop, as well as 1 each of the 4 special trees, and am left with a staggering 1 farm coin giggle .  I think I'm going to hit pause on my donations for now, and reevaluate whether to keep throwing my fruit into the bottomless pit, or keep going until I have another 119 coins so I can get the second round of trees.  Know I'll more than likely spend all those lovely BBs on trees tomorrow, lol.  I'm not really even going to hope for the newest trees, since I won't be buying many tries at it, but I'd love to get another sandalwood (I've only 1, and it takes forever to gather any quantity at 4 fruits a day  tongue ).  I love the Ice Fir, too, and the new Persian Silk tree is absolutely gorgeous! heart
spotsbox

Back to top Go down

Post by farmer_broke on Fri Feb 10 2017, 08:01

@spotsbox wrote:...
I know the markets have been ridiculous and getting more so daily, but I don't know what it means.  I'm especially confused by it, because they've largely stopped calling for products and animals anywhere but FSQs, and the occasional event like this one or a breeding event.  We haven't had a call for products in an event in ages.  My own theory is that prices are so outrageous because farmers have stopped producing things for themselves since they never seem to serve a purpose any more, and are relying strictly on purchasing to gain any size inventory. ...
Yes I do see several possibilities.  All is not as ridiculous as it may seem though.  This type of event empties barns of tree fruit and adjusts the market price.  (A week from now and EV analysis will easily prove it.)  Keep that in mind for a second.

So BP gives away crates of animals regularly.  They have little use anyway but they do it.  
Why would anyone in their right mind produce a goat or duck or sheep or cow ... ?

Well how does BP fix it?  hahaha  One way is to have a nice event (like this one) which allows only animal donations.  (And players would give their animals in order to get a coin to buy a tree or something.)

With this same line of reasoning, how would BP adjust products?  Ohhhhhhhh ... an event such as this calling for only products.  And we clearly know which ones would be most frequently contributed and therefor removed from barns:  parrot feathers, milk, and honey. 

All three have trees attached AND all three have worthless production pens that would no longer be so worthless.  (Why would you have thought I asked for 128 egg farms long ago. Two G&T ago I began asking for cow milk pens.  This past G&T I added the apiary.)  

When or exactly how ... I don't know!
farmer_broke

Back to top Go down

Post by Will*O*Wisp on Fri Feb 10 2017, 16:00

farmer Dear Broke - I now feel my sneaky suspicions are not so wild.  Been loading up on certain items for some time in anticipation of a surprise. big grin I do not place my calculations on par with your expertise, so I am pleased to find I'm going in a similar direction.

Although this event is expensive, I have reached my wish list goals because of a large stock of specific fruits bought some time ago.  Happily, my barn will not be empty from donations, though I will sell some items.  Best of luck to all participating! red smile

Farm name: Will*O*Wisp    Forum name:  Willow

Will*O*Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by -Mir85- on Fri Feb 10 2017, 18:27

There is a +75% EP bonus on newspage, can be collected until reset!

bloempie  

-Mir85-

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum